Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cookies, holes, and big hair

Monday was a weird day. I woke up from a full night's rest and had no desire to leave my bed. I'd like to blame the weather for my bad attitude. Rain, if you are not outside in rain-boots jumping in puddles, makes people depressed. So I saw the rain and was depressed. But the day was weirder than my attitude, something was just off. I cut a hole in my shirt, without realizing what I was doing...haha, silly girl. And then I made cookies and did not add enough flour, thankfully I realized that after only baking half of them. And my hair looked like it was from the 80s. Odd things like to happen all on the same day.
The day also ended weird. I went to informal practice expecting it to be a "Yay we had a great first show!" party. That was why I made cookies after all. Kelly also seemed to think that was the theme of the night, she brought brownies. So everything was set. Except for the fact that Monday was a weird day, and things don't happen as they are set to on weird days. Caleb is sick. He can't stay with informal. This was such shocking news to me. Maybe if I had eyes to see what other people were going through I could have known he was not feeling great. We are going to miss him, a lot. Caleb was a great leader, and a supportive team member. It'll suck to have him off the team. It was the right choice, he needs more time to rest and heal.
So, I'm glad Monday is over.


Yesterday in sys theo I realized that I need to be reading the Word more often. There is something about talking about the inerrancy, sufficiency, and illumination of scripture that makes you want to read it more than you do. The problem with my life is I've gotten so busy that important things, like my time with God, become less important to me. I need more accountability on this. Someone to ask me, "What are you learning from the Word right now?" But the blame does not rest with anyone but me. Thankfully I'm here at Bible school, and so I get wake-up calls all the time. My fear is that when I leave this place I'll become stagnant. Without being connected to the source I become a dried up spring, no good for anything.

1 comment:

Melissa. said...

I love you, Kjieri. And I'm excited for tomorrow.