Wednesday, February 13, 2008

spring cleaning

what a consistent blogger I am!

wow, even though it is not spring yet, I feel like God is doing some pretty intense spring cleaning in my heart. I have so much in me that does not please Him, and slowly, very slowly, he is working it out.

Last semester I saw a demonstration of a potter working with his clay, and it revolutionized my thoughts on my being the clay in God's hands. Before God can mold me into what He desires for me He needs to beat all the air bubbles (which will make the pot crack) out of me. That takes a lot of throwing, and pushing, and pain. Sometimes I just want an easy life. I was everything to be nice and fun. But then I remember that my life ought not to be my own, and that If I am able to fully surrender to God then my life will become something more beautiful than I could ever have imagined. When my life is in His hands. "My grace is sufficent for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

I tried to make a pot once. But the clay was so hard and my hands were so clumsy. I worked at it for a while; it looked pretty bad. But I was tired of trying to make that clay into something beautiful, it was taking too long. So, after a little while, I just stopped. The pot was something that only my dad would have liked (and then only because I made it), all because I did not have the patience to fully work the clay and carefully mold and remold it. Praise God that he does not give up on us! He keeps at us, even though we are hard clay and ugly. And my God's hands are not clumsy, he is an expert potter, making all things according to His perfect plan.

No comments: