Sunday, April 26, 2009

Three weeks and a year.

There is nothing really to say. Life is busy.


Coming to the end of three years here at Moody have made me think about my coming last year. What will it hold? Our city offers so many opportunities, many of which I have passed up, but this ought not be. In my last year I want to embrace the city. By the grace of God there will not be much free time, but there will be a bit of spending money. One goal is to see a play on the Chicago version of Broadway. Another goal is to swim in Lake Michigan. With the ladies of 6 West, to visit new and exciting dessert places, all through the city. More importantly, I want to see my heart break for this lost city. On Friday night I watched a movie that was dirtier than anything I could imagine. There are two responses required: first, pray for a pure mind in word and deed following exposure to that filth, second, pray for those who have been so corrupted that they find this type of movie amusing. The bubble of Moody, and my life, is so rarely penetrated, that when it happens I go into a state of shock. You see, no one really needs to be exposed to the filth of the world, we know how dirty it is. But then we fail to pray for our lost friends. We fail to desire an increase in the kingdom of God. And that's when we need to be shocked into obedience again. This city needs Christ! Pray with me for it to know Him!

hmmmm. other thoughts of recent days:

Surrender is something that needs to happen almost hourly.

Home and family are precious.

God is a wonderful provider. He has a huge fan in me.

You can't run very long on fumes. You need to be connected to the spring of life every day, or you will run dry.

Tell someone of the goodness of our God today! Praise Him!

It is far to easy to procrastinate.

2 comments:

Melissa. said...

I'd love to help you accomplish those goals. :)

Katrina said...

Someone hasn't blogged in awhile.